Basic Scenarios with a Single VCN
Here are a few basic networking scenarios to help you understand the Networking service and generally how the components work together.
- Scenario A: Public Subnet
- Scenario B: Private Subnet with a VPN
- Scenario C: Public and Private Subnets with a VPN
Advanced Scenarios with Transit Routing Through a Single VCN
The following advanced routing scenarios give your on-premises network additional access beyond the resources in the connected VCN. Traffic travels from your on-premises network to the VCN, and then transits through the VCN to its destination. See these topics:
- Transit Routing: Access to Multiple VCNs in the Same Region: Your on-premises network has access to multiple VCNs in the same region over a single FastConnect private virtual circuit or VPN Connect. The VCNs are in a hub-and-spoke layout, with the on-premises network connected to the VCN that acts as the hub. The spoke VCNs are peered with the hub VCN.
- Transit Routing: Private Access to Oracle Services: Your on-premises network has private access to Oracle services in the Oracle Services Network by way of the connected VCN and the VCN's An optional virtual router that you can add to your VCN. The gateway enables on-premises hosts or VCN hosts to privately access Oracle services (such as Object Storage and Autonomous Database) without exposing the resources to the public internet.. The traffic does not go over the internet.
Advanced Scenario with Multiple DRGs and Multiple VCNs
There's an additional advanced scenario that illustrates the use of multiple VCNs. In this case, each VCN has its own An optional virtual router that you can add to your VCN to provide a path for private network traffic between your VCN and on-premises network.and its own FastConnect A FastConnect virtual circuit that supports private peering.. Contrast this with Transit Routing: Access to Multiple VCNs in the Same Region, in which there's a single DRG with either VPN Connect or a single FastConnect private virtual circuit.
Here are some restrictions for using the scenario that has multiple DRGs:
- The scenario works only with FastConnect through a third-party provider or through colocation with Oracle. It is not supported for FastConnect through an Oracle provider.
- The scenario is supported only for VCNs in the same region and same tenancy.