Health Checks Metrics
This topic describes the metrics emitted by the metric namespace
oci_healthchecks (the Health Checks service).
Overview of the Health Checks Service Metrics
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Health Checks provides users with high frequency external monitoring to determine the availability and performance of any publicly facing service, including hosted websites, API endpoints, or externally facing load balancers. The Health Checks service metrics help you monitor the performance of your endpoints over a 24 hour period.
- IAM policies: To monitor resources, you must be given the required type of access in a policy written by an administrator, whether you're using the Console or the REST API with an SDK, CLI, or other tool. The policy must give you access to the monitoring services as well as the resources being monitored. If you try to perform an action and get a message that you don’t have permission or are unauthorized, confirm with your administrator the type of access you've been granted and which compartment you should work in. For more information on user authorizations for monitoring, see the Authentication and Authorization section for the related service: Monitoring or Notifications.
Available Metrics: oci_healthchecks
The metrics listed in the following table are automatically available for each health check that you create. You do not need to enable monitoring on the health check to get these metrics.
Each metric includes the following dimensions:
- The OCID of the policy to which the metric applies.
|Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description||Dimensions|
||HTTP(S) Response Status Code||count||The HTTP response code.||
||Ping Test Success Rate||percent||Displays availability of end point being monitored.||
||HTTP(S) DNS Lookup Time||ms||
The time taken for domain name lookup in milliseconds.
||HTTP(S) Connection Duration||ms||The total TCP connection duration for the test which applies to both HTTP and HTTPS protocols.|
||HTTP(S) Request Duration||ms||The total duration of the request in milliseconds.|
||HTTP(S) Response Duration||ms||The total duration of response in milliseconds.|
||HTTP(S) Total Duration||ms||The total duration of the test run in milliseconds.|
||Ping Latency Measurement||ms||Latency measurement for ping test in milliseconds.|
Using the Console
- Open the navigation menu. Under Solutions and Platform, go to Monitoring and click Health Checks.
- Click the name of the health check you want to view metrics for.
Open the navigation menu. Under Solutions and Platform, go to Monitoring and click Metrics Explorer.
For Metric Namespace, select oci_healthchecks.
Select a metric to view from the Metric Name field.
- Select a qualifier specified in the Dimension Name field. For example, the dimension
resourceIdis specified in the metric definition for
Select the value you want to use for the specified dimension in the Dimension Value field. For example, the resource identifier for your instance of interest.
Click Update Chart.
The chart will be updated with the metrics that have been requested.
Using the API
Use the following APIs for monitoring: