Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio
The Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio provide a set of features that helps developers connect to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure from within the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE. You can use the tools to view and manage your Oracle Databases and Oracle Autonomous Databases in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and quickly and easily deploy a web application to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Container Engine for Kubernetes.
To use the Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio, you must have the following:
- An Oracle Cloud Infrastructure account
- A user created in that account, in a group with a policy that grants the desired permissions. This can be a user for yourself, or another person/system that needs to call the API. For an example of how to set up a new user, group, compartment, and policy, see Adding Users. For a list of typical policies you may want to use, see Common Policies.
- A key pair used for signing API requests, with the public key uploaded to Oracle. For more information on generating and uploading keys, see Required Keys and OCIDs.
- The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Command Line Interface (CLI) installed and configured.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 or later
- Docker Desktop v18.104.22.168 or higher