Other Tools and Plug-ins
Tools and Plug-ins for SDKs and CLI
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides additional developer tools for automating processes and facilitating development.
Toolkit for Eclipse - The toolkit is an open source plug-in for the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that enables Java developers to code and deploy applications more quickly and efficiently.
- Documentation: Toolkit for Eclipse
- Download: To build and install the Toolkit, clone the GitHub repository then follow instructions in Getting Started with Toolkit for Eclipse.
Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio -The Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio provide a set of features that helps developers connect to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure from within the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE. You can use the tools to view and manage your Oracle Databases and Oracle Autonomous Databases in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and quickly and easily deploy a web application to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Container Engine for Kubernetes.
- Documentation: Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio
- Download: Refer to the documentation.
HDFS Connector for Object Storage - Read and write data with your Apache Hadoop application to and from the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage service. Building the connector relies on Maven artifacts that are provided by the SDK for Java.
Toolkit for Data Science - The Oracle Accelerated Data Science (ADS) SDK is a Python library that is included as part of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Science service. ADS offers a friendly user interface that covers all the steps involved in the life-cycle of machine learning models, from connecting to different sources to using AutoML for model training to model evaluation and explanation. ADS also provides a simple interface to access the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Science service model catalog and other Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services, including Object Storage.
- Documentation: Oracle Accelerated Data Science (ADS) Python Library
- Download: Oracle ADS Python library is pre-installed in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Science notebook session resource environment. It is not publicly available.
DevOps Tools and Plug-ins
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides a number of DevOps tools and plug-ins for working with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services. These can simplify provisioning and managing infrastructure or enable automated testing and continuous delivery.
OCI Modules for PowerShell - A set of cmdlet modules that can be used with PowerShell Core to manage Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources, such as Compute, Load Balancing, and Database services.
Ansible Collection - Automate provisioning and configuring of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources, such as Compute, Load Balancing, and Database services.
Chef Knife Plug-in - Manage Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources with Chef Knife, a command line tool that provides an interface between a local chef-repo and the Chef server.
Compute Jenkins Plug-in - Bring up and down services or nodes as required to serve Jenkins Build Jobs and dynamically allocate Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources for continuous integration tasks.
Terraform Kubernetes Installer - Provision and configure the resources needed to run a highly available and configurable Kubernetes cluster.
- Download: GitHub
Kubernetes Volume Provisioner - Enable dynamic provisioning of storage resources when running Kubernetes on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Download: GitHub
Other Services and Features for DevOps
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides other services and features relevant to DevOps professionals.
- Container Engine for Kubernetes (OKE) Reliably build, deploy, and manage cloud-native containerized applications. You specify the compute resources that your applications require, and Container Engine for Kubernetes provisions them on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in an existing tenancy.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry Store, share, and manage development artifacts like Docker images. As Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry is managed by Oracle, your applications are deployed reliably and you don't have to deal with operational issues.