Common Errors Returned by All Services
The following table lists the common errors returned by all the services for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
|HTTP Status Code||Error Code||Description||Retry|
||The request is incorrectly formatted.||No.|
||A parameter is invalid or incorrectly formatted.||No.|
||Fulfilling this request exceeds the Oracle-defined limit for this tenancy for this resource type.||No.|
||A required parameter is missing.||No.|
||Fulfilling this request exceeds the administrator-defined quota for this compartment for this resource.||No.|
A resource specified in the body of the request was not found, or you do not have authorization to access that resource.
|Yes, with backoff.|
The required authentication information was not provided or was incorrect. There are other reasons why this error code is generated. For more information, see HTML Status Code 401.
|Yes, with backoff.|
||This operation requires opt-in before it may be called.||No.|
||You do not have authorization to update one or more of the fields included in this request.||No.|
||A resource specified via the URI (path or query parameters) of the request was not found, or you do not have authorization to access that resource. For more information, see HTML Status Code 404.||Yes, with backoff.|
||There is no operation supported at the URI path and HTTP method you specified in the request.||No.|
||The target resource does not support the HTTP method.||No.|
||The requested state for the resource conflicts with its current state.||Yes, with backoff.|
||The provided retry token was used in an earlier request that resulted in a system update, but a subsequent operation invalidated the token. This can happen, for example, in cases where an entity created with the same token has since been deleted. If the system state change that is associated with this request should be performed again, retry it using a different token.||No.|
||You do not have authorization to perform this request, or the resource you are attempting to create already exists. This error code is returned only from create operations, where it is returned instead of the more general NotAuthorizedOrNotFound error code.”||Yes, with backoff.|
||The ETag specified in the request does not match the ETag for the resource.||No.|
||You have issued too many requests to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure APIs in too short of an amount of time.||Yes, with backoff.|
||An internal server error occurred.||Yes, with backoff.|
||The HTTP request target does not recognize the HTTP method.||No.|
Error Details and Troubleshooting
- HTTP status code: 401
- Missing or incorrect authentication information. Verify that all the required information (tenant OCID, user OCID, fingerprint, and private key) is provided and accurate. Verify that the public key corresponding to the fingerprint has been uploaded for the user. For more information, see Required Keys and OCIDs.
- Clock skew. This status code is returned if the client's clock is skewed more than five (5) minutes from the server's clock. For more information, see Maximum Allowed Client Clock Skew.
- API request signature error. This status code is returned if a required header is missing from a signing string. For more information, see Request Signatures.
- Error Codes: NotAuthorizedOrNotFound, RelatedResourceNotAuthorizedOrNotFound , NotAuthorizedOrResourceAlreadyExists
- Authorization error. Verify that the user is in a group that has the permissions to work with resources in a compartment.
Compartment or resource not found. Verify that the compartment or resource exist and is referenced correctly. For example, this status code is returned for either of the following errors:
CompartmentNotFoundif a compartment doesn't exist
VolumeNotFoundif a volume doesn't exist