- Image Family: Oracle Linux 7.x
- Operating System: Oracle Linux
- Release Date: Dec. 18, 2017
Includes fix for character encoding issue in /etc/fstab.
This image contains a regression that impacts the boot order when kernels are updated. When doing kernel updates, you need to update GRUB to grub2-2.02-0.65.0.4.el7_4.2 or higher. If you update the kernel without updating GRUB, GRUB could cause an older version of the kernel to boot by default.
This image supports X7 hosts.
This image implements stricter access policies, outlined below. See Security Configuration Requires Credential Rotation after 90 days for how to modify these policies.
The security configuration for this image includes the following account access and password requirements:
- Prevents log in with an empty password.
- The maximum password age is 90 days.
- The account expires after of 90 days of inactivity.
- Accounts are locked out for 30 minutes after five unsuccessful log in attempts.
- New passwords cannot be the same as the previous four passwords.
- Passwords must be at least eight characters, and contain at least one of each of the following:
- lowercase character.
- uppercase character.
- special character.
- Passwords must not be the same as the user name or user ID.
- Passwords must not be dictionary words.
- Passwords must not be commonly used patterns or combinations such as "welcome1", "guest2", "oracle1", "password5", "12345678", "qwerty".
|No items to display|