The workflow for registering a DB System in Oracle Data Safe involves these main steps:
- Obtain the required permissions in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Oracle Data Safe to register your database.
- Enable traffic coming from the Oracle Data Safe Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway.
- Create a service account on your database specifically for Oracle Data Safe.
- Run the SQL privileges script on your database to grant the initial roles to the Oracle Data Safe service account. The roles determine which Oracle Data Safe features are available to the DB system.
- If you plan to connect to your database via a TLS connection, create the necessary certificates and/or wallets.
- Register your database from the Oracle Data Safe Console. Your database is referred to as a target database in the Oracle Data Safe Console.
- Manage your target database in the Oracle Data Safe Console.
- If needed, update the target database details or delete the target database in the Oracle Data Safe Console. If you periodically rotate the password for Oracle Data Safe on a target database, then you also need to update the password on the Targets tab in Oracle Data Safe.
- Run the SQL privileges script as often as needed to grant or revoke roles from the Oracle Data Safe service account.