The workflow for registering an Autonomous Database in Oracle Data Safe involves these main steps:
- Obtain the required permissions in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and Oracle Data Safe to register your Autonomous Database.
- Enable traffic coming from the Oracle Data Safe Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway.
- Register your Autonomous Database from the Autonomous Database Details page in the OCI Console. Included with registration are the following:
- The Autonomous Database Details page displays a link that navigates you to the Oracle Data Safe Console for the database.
- Oracle Data Safe automatically creates a resource group with the same name as the compartment in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure that contains the database.
- Oracle Data Safe automatically grants the
AdministerAuditprivileges on the newly created resource group to the user registering the database. This is a special case where a user, not a group, is granted Oracle Data Safe privileges. With these default privileges, the user can manage the assessment and audit features on the database in the Oracle Data Safe Console. Specifically, the user can generate User Assessment and Security Assessment reports for the database, as well as start and stop audit data collection on the database.
- Grant or revoke roles from the Oracle Data Safe service account by running the
DS_TARGET_UTILPL/SQL package on the database.
- Manage your target database.
- If needed, deregister your target database from the Autonomous Database Details page in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console.
- View registration details in the Oracle Data Safe Console.
- Grant or revoke roles from the Oracle Data Safe service account on the database to control which Oracle Data Safe features are available to the Autonomous Database.