Skip to main content
This topic provides recommendations for getting started with Storage Gateway.
- If you have not done so already, read Overview of Storage Gateway. This topic describes the following:
- Key concepts for understanding both Storage Gateway and Object Storage
- Important security considerations
- Recommended uses and workloads
- Uses and workloads to avoid
- Configuring cache for file systems is key to Storage Gateway. Read Configuring the Cache for File Systems to understand the importance of file system cache and the guidelines for configuring cache when you add a file system.
- To understand the prerequisite tasks and requirements for interacting with Object Storage, read Interacting With Object Storage .
Next Steps for Setting Up Storage Gateway
Here are the key topics for setting up Storage Gateway.
- Installing Storage Gateway
- Logging In to Storage Gateway Management Console
- Creating Your First File System
- Mounting File Systems on Clients
Next Steps for Using Storage Gateway
Here are the key topics for using and managing Storage Gateway.