When you no longer need an old image or you simply want to clean up the list of image tags in a repository, you can delete images from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry.
Your permissions control the images in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry that you can delete. You can delete images from repositories you've created, and from repositories that the groups to which you belong have been granted access by identity policies. If you belong to the Administrators group, you can delete images from any repository in the tenancy.
Note that as well deleting individual images as described below, you can set up image retention policies to delete images automatically based on selection criteria you specify (see Retaining and Deleting Images Using Retention Policies).
Using the Console
To delete an image from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry:
- In the Console, open the navigation menu. Under Solutions and Platform, go to Developer Services and click Registry.
- Choose the registry's region. You see all the repositories to which you have access.
- Click the name of the repository from which to delete the image.
- Click the name of the image that you want to delete.
- Click Delete on the Summary page and confirm that you want to delete the image.
The image is permanently removed from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry.