This topic describes options on the tenancy details page in the Console.
Required IAM Policy
If you're in the Administrators group, then you have the required access to manage the tenancy.
Viewing the Tenancy Details Page
To view the tenancy details page:
Open the User menu () and click Tenancy: <your_tenancy_name>.
The tenancy details page provides the following information about your tenancy:
- Tenancy OCID
- Every Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resource has an Oracle-assigned unique ID called an Oracle Cloud Identifier (OCID). You need your tenancy's OCID to use the API. You'll also need it when contacting support.
- Home Region
- When you sign up for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle creates a tenancy for you in one of the available regions. This is your home region. Your home region is where your IAM resources are defined. For more information about the home region, see The Home Region.
- Audit Retention Period
- The retention period for the Audit service logs. The value of the retention period setting affects all regions and all compartments for this tenancy. You can't set different retention periods for different regions or compartments. For more information about this setting, see Setting Audit Log Retention Period.
- Object Storage Designated Compartments and Namespace
- The Object Storage service provides API support for both Amazon S3 Compatibility API and Swift API. By default, buckets created using the Amazon S3 Compatibility API or the Swift API are created in the root compartment of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure tenancy. You can designate a different compartment for the Amazon S3 Compatibility API or Swift API to create buckets in. For more information, see Designating Compartments for the Amazon S3 Compatibility and Swift APIs.
- For information about your Object Storage namespace, see Understanding Object Storage Namespaces.
- Tagging allows you to define keys and values and associate them with resources. You can then use the tags to help you organize and list resources based on your business needs. If you have permissions to manage the tenancy, you also have permissions to apply free-form tags. To apply a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace. For more information about tagging, see Resource Tags.
- Region Subscriptions and Available Regions
- The regions that your tenancy is currently subscribed to and the regions that are available for subscription. For more information about regions, see Regions and Availability Domains and Managing Regions.
- Service Limits
- The limits allotted to your tenancy and usage against these limits. Not all service resources are included in the list shown here on the Console. For more information or to request an increase, see Service Limits.
Using the API
Many of the options set on this page are managed through the owning service. For example, the Object Storage settings are managed with the Object Storage service API, and setting the Audit log retention period is handled by the Audit service API.
To get information about your tenancy use the following operation:
To tag a tenancy, use the following operations:
In the above operations, use the tenancy OCID for the