Connecting to Your Windows Instance
You connect to a running Windows instance using Remote Desktop.
- You know the public IP address and initial password of your instance, see Launching a Windows Instance.
- You have Remote Desktop installed.
- Open the Remote Desktop client.
In the Computer field, enter the public IP address that you retrieved from the Console.
- The User name is opc. Depending on the Remote Desktop client you are using, you might have to connect to the instance before you can enter this credential.
Click Connect to start the session.
Accept the certificate if you are prompted to do so.
Enter the initial password that you retrieved from the Console. You will be prompted to change the password as soon as you log in.
Your new password must be at least 12 characters long and must comply with Microsoft's password policy.
Running Administrative Tasks on the Instance
The default user,
opc, has administrative privileges.
Now that you've got an instance and have successfully connected to it, consider the following next steps:
Install software on the instance.
- Add a block volume. See Adding a Block Volume to a Windows Instance.
- Add more users to work with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. See Adding Users.
- Or, if you are finished with your instance, delete the resources that you created in the tutorial. See Cleaning Up Resources from the Tutorial.