Skip to main content
Oracle recommends that you follow these best practice guidelines to ensure the manageability of your Exadata DB system:
- Wherever possible, use the Oracle-supplied cloud interfaces such as the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console, API, or CLI, or cloud-specific tools such as
dbaasapito perform lifecycle management and administrative operations on your Exadata DB system. For example, use the
exadbcpatchmulticommand to apply Oracle Database patches instead of manually running
opatch. In addition, if an operation can be performed by using the Console as well as a command line utility, Oracle recommends that you use the Console. For example, use the Console instead of using
dbaasapito create databases.
- Do not change the compute node OS users or manually manipulate SSH key settings associated with your Exadata DB system.
- Apply only patches that are available through the Database service. Do not apply patches from any other source unless you are directed to do so by Oracle Support.
- Apply the quarterly patches regularly, every quarter if possible.
- Do not change the ports for Oracle Net Listener.