Oracle Cloud Infrastructure's Autonomous Data Warehouse gives you your own fully managed Oracle Database data warehousing environment. The Database service handles administration tasks such as creating the data warehouse database, backing up the database, and upgrading and patching the database. Additionally, Autonomous Data Warehouse does not require any tuning. The service automatically configures the database for high-performance queries.
You use the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console to provision an Autonomous Data Warehouse database. After provisioning, you can scale the number of CPU cores or the storage capacity of the database at any time without impacting availability or performance.
The following cloud-based interfaces are included with Autonomous Data Warehouse:
- A separate service console that allows you to perform monitoring tasks such as viewing the recent levels of activity on the data warehouse.
- A notebook application that provides simple querying, data-virtualization, and collaboration capabilities.
For more information about Autonomous Data Warehouse, see Getting Started with Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud.
Autonomous Data Warehouse is currently available in the following regions:
|Region Location||Region Name||Region Key|
|London, United Kingdom||uk-london-1||LHR|
Additional Product Information
For information on provisioning, managing, and backing up and restoring an Autonomous Data Warehouse in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console, see the following topics:
- Creating an Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Managing an Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Backing Up an Autonomous Data Warehouse Database Manually
For in-depth documentation on using and managing your Autonomous Data Warehouse database, see the following topics:
- Getting Started with Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud
- Migrating Data from Amazon Redshift
For information on using a database client or Oracle SQL Developer to manage your database, see the following topics:
- Connecting to Your Data Warehouse Using a Database Client
- Connecting to Your Data Warehouse with Oracle SQL Developer
For quickstart tutorials on provisioning and managing your Autonomous Data Warehouse, and for tutorials on Oracle Machine Learning, see Quickstart Tutorials.