This topic describes the tasks associated with shipping the physical disk containing the copied data to Oracle. The Infrastructure Engineer role typically performs these tasks. See Roles and Responsibilities.
Disconnecting the Disk from the Data Host
Do not disconnect the disk until you copy all files from the Data Host and generate the manifest file.
Printing Shipping Labels
You should receive the shipping labels electronically from the Project Sponsor. Print them on the appropriate labels for shipping the disk.
Packaging and Shipping the Disk
Include the required return shipping label in the box when packaging transfer disks for shipment.
Return Shipment Label Requirement
If you do not include the return shipping label inside the box, Oracle cannot process the transfer package.
Ensure that the transfer job and transfer package label are clearly readable on the outside of the box containing the transfer disks.
If you are shipping transfer disks to London or Frankfurt, request that the shipping vendor requires a signature delivery.
Shipping Transfer Disks Internationally
Create a commercial invoice when shipping transfer disks internationally. To ensure that packages are not held up in customs, follow these guidelines when creating the commercial invoice:
- Show a unique reference number.
- Show the "bill-to party as follows:
For shipments to the European Union (Frankfurt) location:
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
For shipments to the United States location:
Oracle America, Inc.
500 Oracle Parkway
REDWOOD CITY CA 94065
- Show the "ship-to party" as the address provided in the transfer package details. See Creating Shipping Labels for details.
- State that "The value shown includes the value of software and data recorded onto the hard drive unit."
- State that the "Goods are free of charge - no payment required."
- State that the type of export is "Temporary."
- Ensure that the commodity code shows the correct HS code for a hard drive unit as specified in the source country's HS code list.
- State the description as the manufacture's description of the hard drive unit and include the words "Hard Disk Drive."
- Ensure that the invoice is signed and includes the printed name of the signer.
Now you can track your disk shipment and review post transfer logs and summaries. See Monitoring the Disk.