Oracle provides status updates daily throughout the transfer appliance request, ship, return ship, and data upload processes.
You can use the Console or the Data Transfer Utility to monitor transfer appliance-related status.
Monitoring Transfer Appliance Status
- Open the navigation menu. Under Core Infrastructure, go to Object Storage and click Data Transfer.
- Find and select the transfer job for which you want to monitor transfer appliance status.
- Under Transfer Appliances, look at the Status field.
At the command prompt on the host, run
dts appliance show to monitor a transfer appliance status.
dts appliance show --job-id <job_id> -appliance <label>
Transfer Appliance Status Values
Here are the transfer appliance status values, listed in alphabetic order:
- You can change your mind about uploading your data to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage and cancel your transfer appliance. Ship the appliance back to Oracle and then cancel the appliance. Oracle always uses secure wipe tools on the boot and data areas whenever a transfer appliance is returned.
- Oracle completed your transfer appliance data upload. Your data is available in your designated bucket in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage.
- customer lost
- You have not returned a data transfer appliance within the required 90 days.
- Oracle received a delivery confirmation from the shipping vendor that your transfer appliance was delivered. When the appliance is delivered, Oracle provides the date and time the appliance was received in the transfer appliance details. Appliance usage tracking begins.
- Oracle encountered an unrecoverable error trying to process your transfer appliance. Oracle cannot upload your data from the appliance. To protect your data, Oracle uses secure wipe tools on the boot and data areas any transfer appliance that cannot be processed.
Complete another request for a transfer appliance.
- Oracle preparing
- Oracle approved your transfer appliance request. The status displays preparing until the transfer appliance is shipped to you.
- Oracle received
- Oracle received your transfer appliance shipment. The status displays Oracle received until Oracle begins processing and uploading your transfer appliance.
- Oracle received canceled
- You canceled your transfer appliance after you shipped the appliance back to Oracle. Oracle received your canceled transfer appliance. Oracle does not upload the appliance data.
- You activated your transfer appliance. You can now copy your data onto the transfer appliance. The status displays preparing until you ship the transfer appliance back to Oracle.
- Oracle is processing and uploading the data from your transfer appliance. The status displays the processing status until Oracle completes uploading your data from your transfer appliance.
- Oracle denied your transfer appliance request.
If your appliance request is denied and you have questions, contact your Sales Representative or file a Service Request (SR).
- You successfully completed your request for a transfer appliance. The status displays requested until Oracle approves your transfer appliance request.
- return shipped
- Oracle received confirmation from the shipping vendor that you shipped your transfer appliance back to Oracle. The status displays return shipped until Oracle receives your transfer appliance.
- return shipped canceled
- You canceled your transfer appliance after the appliance was delivered to you or after you shipped the appliance back to Oracle. Oracle received confirmation from the shipping vendor that your canceled transfer appliance is on the way back to Oracle. The status displays return shipped canceled until Oracle receives your transfer appliance.
- Oracle completed the necessary preparations and shipped your transfer appliance. When the appliance is shipped, Oracle provides the serial number of the appliance, the shipping vendor, and the tracking number in the appliance details. The status displays shipping until the appliance is delivered to you.