As the cloud account administrator, create service instances for Oracle Analytics for Applications and Oracle Analytics Cloud and also associate these instances.
Typical Workflow to Set Up Oracle Analytics for Applications
If you’re setting up Oracle Analytics for Applications for the first time, then follow these tasks as a guide.
|Create an Oracle Analytics Cloud instance||Use My Services to set up a service with Oracle Analytics Cloud subscription.||Create an Oracle Analytics Cloud Subscription Instance|
|Verify your service and sign in||Verify your service instance when you receive an email from Oracle that your Oracle Analytics Cloud service instance is ready.||Verify Your Service and Sign In|
|Create an Oracle Analytics for Applications instance||Create a service instance to manage your cloud resources.||Create an Oracle Analytics for Applications Instance|
|Verify your instance and sign in||Verify your service instance when you receive an email from Oracle that your Oracle Analytics for Applications service instance is ready.||Verify Your Instance and Sign In|
About Creating Service Instances in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Create an Oracle Analytics for Applications instance using the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console and an Oracle Analytics Cloud instance using the My Services dashboard in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
About Creating Oracle Analytics Cloud Instance From My Services in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
You must use My Services dashboard in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to create an Oracle Analytics Cloud instance to use with Oracle Analytics for Applications.
On the My Services page, you must select Analytics Subscription. See Navigating to Oracle My Services and Other Oracle Cloud Services from the Console
Note:To create an Oracle Analytics Cloud instance, use the Oracle Analytics Cloud subscription that you get with Oracle Analytics for Applications. You must use this subscription even if you have deployed any version ofOracle Analytics Cloud.
Create an Oracle Analytics Cloud Subscription Instance
You use My Services to set up a service with Oracle Analytics Cloud Subscription.
- Sign into the My Services page using your cloud account credentials.
- Open the Navigation Menu. Under Services, click Analytics Subscription.You see the service instances page.
- On the Instances page, click Create Instance.
- For Instance Name, enter a name for your service instance. The name must start with a letter and can contain only letters and numbers.
- For Notification Email, enter the email address of the person, for example the Cloud Account Administrator, you want to notify when this service is ready to use and receive other status updates about this service in the future.
- If several geographical regions are available to you, select the us-ashburn–1 region.
- Set the Subscription Type to Number of Users and enter the number of users that you selected while placing the order for Oracle Analytics Applications.
- Click Next.
- Verify that the details are correct and click Create.
Verify Your Service and Sign In
Oracle sends an email to the designated email address when your Oracle Analytics Cloud service is ready. Navigate to your service in My Services, obtain the service URL, and then sign in to verify your Oracle Analytics Cloud service is up and running.
- In My Services, open the dashboard.
- Navigate to the Analytics tile (or Analytics Subscription), click the Action Menu, and then select Open Service Console.
- Click Manage this instance for your service and then click Oracle Analytics Cloud URL.
- Sign in with your administrator credentials.
Create an Oracle Analytics for Applications Instance
Create a service instance to manage your cloud resources.
- Sign into the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console.
- Open the Navigation Menu. Under Solutions and Platform, click Analytics, and then click Analytics Apps for Fusion.You see the service instances page.
- On the Instances page, click Create Instance.
- Optionally, select a compartment if you want to place the service instance in a compartment other than the default root compartment that Oracle created for you.
Note:Ensure that you have created a compartment before you select it here. See Managing Compartments
- Provide a display name for the service. This name need not be unique and can contain alphanumeric and special characters.
- Provide a name for the instance name. This name should be unique in your tenancy (only names of deleted services can be reused). Also, this name can contain only alpha-numeric characters without spaces.
- Provide a description for the service. Description is optional and can contain alpha numeric and special characters up to 255 characters in length.
- Select Development/Test as your first instance.
- Specify the number of subscription-based users to be provisioned for this instance. You can provision any number between 20 to 1000 users, based on the your order that was placed for Oracle Analytics for Application.
- In Fusion Application Connection, provide the Oracle Fusion Application Services URL (not the Login URL) and credentials of the
FAWServiceuser from your Oracle Fusion Application Services instance.
Note:Ensure that you have reset the password for the
FAWServiceuser in Oracle Fusion Application Services prior to entering the new password. See Reset Passwords
- Optionally, click Test Connection to check the connection to the Oracle Fusion Application Services instance and confirm whether the credentials are valid.
- In Autonomous Data Warehouse Administrator Credentials, provide an administrator password for the Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse that is provisioned in your tenancy to store the transformed data.
- In Analytics Cloud Connection, provide the service instance URL of the Oracle Analytics Cloud Subscription instance that you previously created to use with Oracle Analytics for Applications.
- The email address for notification is pre-populated from the username. If the username is not an email, then provide a valid email address for notifications.
- Optionally, add tags to tag your instance.
- Click Create Instance.
From the Details page, you can also update your service instance details like the Oracle Fusion Application Services instance password, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse administrator password, and the tags for the instance. You can also terminate the service instance from this page, by confirming the service instance name before marking it for deletion.
Verify Your Instance and Sign In
Oracle sends an email to the designated email address when your Oracle Analytics for Applications service instance is ready.
- Sign into the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console.
- Navigate to your service instances page and click Actions for the available instance.
- Obtain the service instance URL and then sign in to verify that your Oracle Analytics for Applications service instance is up and running.