Create an Oracle Integration instance in a selected compartment.
You must sign in as a federated user that has been configured to create an instance. See Configuring Access to Create and Manage Instances in One Console and Signing in to the Console.
The steps in this section apply to Oracle Integration Generation 2 and Oracle Integration for SaaS Generation 2. Differences in instance creation are noted. For more information about the SaaS version, see Oracle Integration for Oracle SaaS.
- In the upper corner, note your selected region.Once created, instances are visible only in the region in which they were created. For information about regions, see Regions and Availability Domains.
- Click in the top left corner.
- Ensure that you follow the correct navigation path to provision Oracle Integration
Generation 2. Under the Solutions and Platform category, select
Application Integration >
Don't select the Platform Services > Integration path under the More Oracle Cloud Services category.
- From the Compartment list, click through the hierarchy of compartments and select the one in which to create the instance. You may need to expand the + icon to find the compartment to use. Compartments can contain other compartments. It may take several minutes for the new compartment to appear after the policy has been created.The page is refreshed to show any existing instances in that compartment.
- Click Create Integration Instance.
- Enter the following details, and click Create:
Field Description Display Name Enter the display name for the instance. Note that the display name becomes part of the URL for accessing the instance. Edition
- Standard: This option provides you with a license to use Integrations, which enables you to integrate SaaS and on-premises applications.
- Enterprise: This option provides you with a license to use Integrations and Processes, which enables you to integrate SaaS and on-premises applications and automate business processes.
See Oracle Integration Editions to see what's licensed in each edition.
Visual Builder is available with either option.
Note: If you are provisioning Oracle Integration for SaaS, this field is not shown.
- Select to create a new Oracle Integration license in the cloud. This provides you with packages of 5K messages per hour.
- Select to bring an existing Oracle Fusion Middleware license to the cloud for use with Oracle Integration. This provides you with packages of 20K messages per hour. This option is also known as bring your own license (BYOL).
Message Packs The message pack options available for selection are based on the version of Oracle Integration instance you are creating.
- For Oracle Integration: Select the number of message packs. The total number of messages available per pack is based on the License Type option you selected. You can select up to 3 message packs if you bring an existing Oracle Fusion Middleware license to the cloud. You can select up to 12 message packs if you create a new Oracle Integration license in the cloud.
- For Oracle Integration for SaaS: Select the number of message packs to use per month. Each message pack consists of one million messages. You can select up to 43 message packs.
Show Tagging Options Enter a key and optional value. Tags enable you to track resources within your tenancy. See Resource Tags.
- For Oracle Integration:
- For Oracle Integration for SaaS:
Instance creation takes some time. If you attempt to click the instance name and receive a
401: Authorization failedor a
404: Not Founderror, but followed all the correct steps, instance creation has not completed. Wait a few more minutes.
- When instance creation completes successfully, the instance shows as Active in the State column.