You can monitor the health, capacity, and performance of your messages by using metrics , alarms , and notifications.
This topic describes the metrics emitted by the metric namespace
oci_notification (the Notifications service).
Resources: Not applicable. Measures data for messages, which are not resources.
Overview of the Notifications Service Metrics
The Notifications service metrics help you measure the number and size of messages that are in initial requests, are delivered, and are not delivered.
- IAM policies: To monitor resources, you must be given the required type of access in a policy written by an administrator, whether you're using the Console or the REST API with an SDK, CLI, or other tool. The policy must give you access to the monitoring services as well as the resources being monitored. If you try to perform an action and get a message that you don’t have permission or are unauthorized, confirm with your administrator the type of access you've been granted and which compartment you should work in. For more information on user authorizations for monitoring, see the Authentication and Authorization section for the related service: Monitoring or Notifications.
The metrics listed in the following table are automatically available for messages you publish to topics. You do not need to enable monitoring on any resources to get these metrics.
Each metric includes a subset of the following dimensions :
- The availability domain in which the associated topic resides.
- The subscription protocol of the endpoint used for the delivery attempt.
- The region in which the associated topic resides.
- The OCID of the resource to which the metric applies.
- The friendly name of the associated topic .
|Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description||Dimensions|
Published Messages Size (Bytes)
Size of messages in request.
||Published Messages Count||count||Count of messages in request.|
||Delivered Messages Size (Bytes)||bytes||Size of messages successfully delivered to endpoints.||
||Failed Messages Sizes (Bytes)||bytes||Size of messages that did not get delivered to endpoints.|
||Delivered Messages Count||count||Count of messages successfully delivered to endpoints.|
||Failed Messages Count||count||Count of messages that did not get delivered to endpoints.|
Using the Console
- Open the navigation menu. Under Solutions and Platform, go to Application Integration and click Notifications.
- Choose the Compartment that contains the topic you want to view, and then click the topic's name.
In the Resources menu, click Metrics (if necessary).
The Metrics page displays a default set of charts for the current topic.
- Open the navigation menu. Under Solutions and Platform, go to Monitoring and click Service Metrics.
For Metric Namespace, select oci_notification.
The Service Metrics page displays a default set of charts for the selected metric namespace. For more information about the emitted metrics, see the foregoing table. You can also use the Monitoring service to create custom queries.
Using the API
Use the following APIs for monitoring: