Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) credentials are necessary to send email through Email Delivery. Each user is limited to a maximum of two SMTP credentials. If more than two are required, SMTP credentials must be generated on other existing users or more users must be created.
A security best practice is to generate SMTP credentials for a new user instead of your Console user that already has permissions assigned to it. For detailed instructions on creating a user, see Adding Users. The new user must be assigned to a group with permissions to manage
suppressions. For example:
Allow group <group name> to use approved-senders in compartment <compartment name>
Using the Console
- Open the navigation menu. Under Governance and Administration, go to Identity and click Users. Locate the user in the list that has permissions to manage email, and then click the user's name to view the details.
If your user does not have permissions to view or create users, you can create SMTP credentials under your user. Open the Profile menu () and click User Settings.
- Click SMTP Credentials.
- Click Generate SMTP Credentials.
- Enter a Description of the SMTP Credentials in the dialog box.
- Click Generate SMTP Credentials. A user name and password is displayed.
- Copy the user name and password for your records and click Close.